SUNDAY SCHOOL: Explore the Bible KIDS
9:30-10:30am- 1-6th Grades.
Explore the Bible KIDS is a study that will guide kids to experience Scripture in a way that will make them want to dig deep. It includes fun, easy-to-use activities, as well as parent resources to continue the journey at home. It also helps kids to develop a better understanding of the Bible and a foundation of life in the Word.
WOW KIDS CHOIR
5:30pm-6:30pm– 1st-6th Grades.
An hour of music designed especially for our growing voices. Some of the activities included during rehearsal are playing games to learn musical concepts, and preparing Biblical, fun-filled, worshipful songs for “Big Church” or special productions.
Sparks® ignites the curiosity of early elementary-age kids to learn about the people and events of the Bible, building a foundation of wisdom for knowing Christ.
To many children in kindergarten to second grade, Sparks is the highlight of the week! They love their red vests, the exciting games and spending time with leaders and friends.
Sparks is divided into three years, each with a unique rank: HangGlider®, WingRunner® and SkyStormer™. Each year, Sparks clubbers:
- explore the biographies of people of the Bible from a new portion of Scripture
- memorize Bible verses
- complete handbook activities
At Awana, our goal is, and always has been, to equip churches to reach your kids and walk alongside them as they grow in their faith.
We continually engage club leaders, in order to better understand the unique needs of their ministries. It is because of leader feedback that we are updating the T&T ministry in 2016. We’ve added new features to a great program that allow for retention and application of the verses and Gospel message, creating greater inroads for discipleship on T&T night. The updated curriculum will allow churches to serve more children in 3rd thru 6th grade in greater ways.
Want to know more? Watch a special message from AWANA’s Director of Children’s Ministries!
Annual Summer Events
KMAK (Kids Mission Adventure Kamp)-June 18-21,2017
KMAK is for children who have completed 3rd through 6th grade at Tulakogee Confrere Center on Ft. Gibson Lake. Your children will experience: Bible studies, church group devotions, learning about missions and experiencing hands on actives for the day at missions time, fellowship and fun with other kampers, experiencing God’s creation in nature, learning character traits, and new music and lessons.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL- July 23-27, 2017
Five days of summer Bible learning fun for K-6th graders (completed), based around an exciting theme. Post-6th graders enjoy a unique pre-youth experience! 2018: “GAME ON – “Gearing Up for Life’s Big Game”
Safety & Security
We care about kids at Riverview! Safety and security are high priorities in our Childhood Ministries. We use the following guidelines :
• At least 2 workers must be present in each class, one of whom must be at least 18 years old.
• All workers must submit to a yearly criminal background check
• No worker shall inflict physical discipline on a child. If a child cannot be disciplined by firm but loving, non-physical correction, the worker will give one warning; next, take a time out outside the classroom with the director on duty; finally, the director will take the child to a parent.
It is our goal to keep the children’s area as clean and health-friendly as possible. For the well being of all, children should not be brought to church if they have, or have had in the last 24 hours:
- Any known contagious childhood disease (e.g., chicken pox)
- Sore throat
- Croup and/or productive cough
- Any skin infection or unexplained rash
- Pink eye
- Nasal discharge of color
- Common cold
When a child has received antibiotic medication for 24 hours, and is feeling well, he may be brought to church.
Other health policies:
- No medications will be administered at church, nor should medication be stored in a diaper bag or child’s backpack (to prevent other children from accidentally handling or ingesting it).
- Children who become, or appear, ill at church will be isolated and the parents called for.
- If children develop symptoms of a childhood disease within 4 days after attending a session at church, the director should be informed so that other parents may be notified and choose to take preventative care.
Kids in Worship
Salvation & Evangelism
He established a testimony in Jacob and set up a law in Israel, which He commanded our fathers to teach to their children so that a future generation–children yet to be born–might know. They were to rise and tell their children so that they might put their confidence in God and not forget God’s works, but keep His command. – Psalm 78:5-7
To partner with parents in planting seeds of faith, love and service in children so they may trust Jesus as their Savior and Lord, and to grow toward Christian maturity.
For each child to develop a personal relationship with Jesus, and to assist parents to train their children to be His faithful followers.